Ingredients: split red dal, split moong dal, dried curry leaf, ground cumin, ground turmeric, ground chilli, onion powder, garlic powder, salt.
To cook, you will need
- A medium or large saucepan
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the oil in the skillet and sauté the tomatoes on medium heat for about 1 minute
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir for 2 minutes
- Pour in 4 cups of water and bring to a boil
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan
- Simmer the dal for about 30 minutes, or until cooked. Add more water while cooking if needed. Add more salt to taste.